During this wanting season of presidential candidates, memories of John Kennedy Jr are flooding my mind. The prince of New York, of America was destined to be our President in our lifetime. Rumors had it that he was going to announce eventually enter the political arena, perhaps even as early as August 1999 he was to announce a run for President or New York Senator. Tragically, he perished in a plane crash and was forever removed from this world he loved the evening of July 16, 1999. As everyone knows, we lost not only John, but also his wife Caroline Bessette and her sister, Lauren.
As media reported, we were led to believe this was an accident, due simply to pilot error. I was fortunate to experience living in New York City during the fall of ’98 and into ’99. It was magical then, and I truly believe his mere presence as a resident had something to do with that for everyone. When I heard the news of his crash, I shuddered in disbelief. Having lost my own brother in a small plane crash nine years earlier, news of the incident was familiar, yet impossible and hopelessly gut wrenching at the same time. Like the rest of America, I was stunned and devastated.
Photos (courtesy Getty Images) May, 1999 at Newman’s Own George Awards for most charitable corporation
Many years have passed. It is now May 1, 2017 nearly 20 years since they perished. For reasons I can’t explain, I’ve been drawn to look into this “accident,” and ask, was it an accident or was it something else? In light of the following points, I now question the story of pilot error we were told:
- Initially, media reported according to the Coast Guard petty office, Todd Burgen, JFK jr had made radio contact with Martha’s Vineyard Control Tower (MVY) at 9:39PM July 16, 1999 stating he was on final approach. This call was made a minute before his plane lost control. “The FAA reported the last contact with the plane during its final approach to the airport on the island off Cape Cod at 9:39 p.m., the Coast Guard said. The aircraft was due to arrive at Martha’s Vineyard around 10 p.m. and was later expected to fly to Hyannis Port,” the statement said. 1. Read more here Several news outlets reported this early that Saturday. Why in later reports, was mention of this radio contact mysteriously deleted?
- Witnesses on the island said they heard an explosion like a bomb and saw a bright light from an explosion in the sky in the vicinity where JFK Jr’s plane fell to the sea.
“Explosion Heard; Plunge Now Called Much Steeper More Dire News”
OFF THE COAST OF MARTHA’S VINEYARD — As divers searching for John F. Kennedy Jr.’s doomed plane homed in late yesterday on a potential wreckage site, a Pittsburgh attorney who was surf fishing Friday night said he was startled by a “loud explosion” off Squibnocket Beach near Gay Head shortly before high tide.
“It sounded as if something just blew up,” said Victor Pribanic, who often spends evenings fishing for striped bass on the island’s most remote beaches.
He said he heard the chilling sound about 10 p.m. in the same vicinity that debris and a piece of luggage from Kennedy’s Piper Saratoga washed up earlier this week. 2. Read more
- According to the NTSB Report Supplements A and B (3. NTSB report supplement) the electrical system and all switches were destroyed suggesting either fire or an explosion of some type occurred on board.
- Despite the media’s claim that JFK Jr was an inexperienced pilot, he had in fact been flying since 1982 and several persons and flight instructors said he was extremely careful and experienced as a pilot.
- Initial claims said weather in and near Martha’s Vineyard (MVY) that evening were clear with 8-12 mile visibility. Witnesses and people at the airport said they could see stars.
MVY had an Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS), which was edited and augmented by ATC tower personnel if necessary. The tower manager at MVY was on duty on the night of the accident for an 8-hour shift, which ended when the tower closed, about 2200. During an interview, the tower manager stated that no actions were taken to augment or edit the ASOS during his shift.
He also stated the following, “The visibility, present weather, and sky condition at the approximate time of the accident was probably a little better than what was being reported. I say this because I remember aircraft on visual approaches saying they had the airport in sight between 10 and 12 miles out. I do recall being able to see those aircraft and I do remember seeing the stars out that night…To the best of my knowledge, the ASOS was working as advertised that day with no reported problems or systems log errors.” 4. See full NTSB report
- Why were photos and video of the recovery destroyed? In any investigation isn’t evidence like this carefully preserved? This lends credibility to a cover up.
- Apparently the crash was initially treated as a murder investigation involving FBI Division 4. Their classified report won’t be made public until 2029. See Sherman Skolnick’s reporting. Sure he may have been a conspiracy hound, but as the Chicago Tribune reported, “he uncovered some real news.” https://youtu.be/UCADJj8xYrw
- “JFK Jr.’s plane broke in half just left of the cabin. The damage was caused by a plastique (C-4) shape charge which was formed along the bottom of the fuselage and up along both sides of the walls. The charge was caused to be set off or exploded with a large spark generated by a barometric switch device triggered by the altitude of the plane. In other words, the assassins chose the altitude for the explosion of the plane--a standard procedure to make the target’s murder look like an accident.” 5. Read more here A bomb in the rudder would explain why the plane fell so fast (suddenly front heavy) and the rudder being “destroyed.” When they presented photos of the plane didn’t it have a tarp over the back half of the plane so you couldn’t even see it? Were they hiding the fact that the rudder had been blown off by a bomb?
- JFK Jr’s plane was not kept in a protected area at Essex County Airport in New Jersey meaning anyone with ill intentions could have gotten close to meddle with the plane.
- According to aviation experts, the piper saratoga JFK Jr was flying had autopilot and was capable, even if fuel were cut off, of gliding for miles to land safely.
- The absence of a Mayday call, especially since at 9:39 he was able to contact the control tower to calmly announce his landing, suggests a catastrophic event occurred after his pre-landing call.
Who am I to question, but in light of all these facts, it is my opinion that this man who would’ve been our President– either in the last decade or perhaps in this election–was taken from us on purpose. Just like his father and his uncle, he was assassinated. This was no accident. His plane crashed because others meddled with it. Is it such a stretch to think he could’ve been assassinated? I think if he were alive and something of this nature happened to someone else of his stature, someone wildly popular in politics and in life, he himself would’ve taken it upon himself to find out what really happened. I’m still shocked that it was so simply written off as a mere plane crash. And the kicker is he was portrayed as bad pilot. Maybe that was true, maybe it wasn’t but it’s so distasteful to say such when someone is not here to defend himself.
While many have written this incident off as an accident of 20 years ago, I believe it is much more serious than that and worthy of investigating. Who could’ve been behind this heinous crime? While I could offer my opinion, that’s something we’ll have to figure out together. He was one of us. If in fact his death was not accidental as we’ve been told, it’s up to us to see that Justice is served; whoever is responsible must be held accountable for what they’ve done to these three people, their families, as well as perhaps, especially what this tragic loss has cost our country. JFK Jr represented America with grace, virtue and kindness. It’s time for us to make the mayday call that through no fault of his own, he was unable to make.
2. Anglers May Have Heard Crash, New York Daily News, Jfk jr witness heard bang- John F. Kennedy Jr.
3. NTSB Supplement NTSB report supplement
4. NTSB Report: NYC99MA178- Full Narrative
5. Bomb on Board The Vatic Project- Who killed John-John? (JFK Jr)