During this wanting season of presidential candidates, memories of John Kennedy Jr are flooding my mind. It’s possible that the prince of New York, of America was destined to be our President in our lifetime. Rumors had it that he was going to eventually enter the political arena. Even if that never happened, he was cleverly using his magazine, George, to change the way the world looked at politics and governments. Tragically, he with his wife Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and her sister, Lauren, perished in a plane crash and were forever removed from our physical world the evening of July 16, 1999.
As media reported, we were led to believe this was an accident, due simply to pilot error. But is that truly the case? If not for a a couple of items reported shortly after the disappearance, I most likely could accept that scenario without reserve.
Back in 1998 I moved to New York City and felt so fortunate to experience living in in such a vibrant metropolis. It was truly magical in so many ways, and perhaps the presence of the Kennedys enhanced that vibe. That summer I was in Alaska when I heard the news of his disappearance. I shuddered in disbelief. It just couldn’t be happening. Having lost my own brother in a small plane crash in Colorado nine years earlier, news of the incident felt somehow familiar, yet clearly impossible and hopelessly gut wrenching at the same time. Like the rest of America and the world, I was crushed and devastated at the idea. Five days later we all learned the impossible had in fact happened.
Photos (courtesy Getty Images) May, 1999 at Newman’s Own George Awards for most charitable corporation
Many years have passed. It is now May 1, 2017 nearly 20 years since they perished. I don’t know if I’m alone in this, but because of a couple things that were reported at the time, questions still linger in my mind. In light of the following points, I do question the story of pilot error we were led to believe. But then ask myself, why would we not have been told the truth? And if that it wasn’t deliberate, why would authorities have determined the cause of the accident was pilot error if in fact it wasn’t actually pilot error? It’s illogical to think the reason for the accident was anything other than reported by the press. However, sometimes things just don’t add up. And for me this is one of those times. Perhaps I’m just a dreamer, but:
July 16, 1999 2140 Hours: JFK Jr’s plane disappears heading to Martha’s Vineyard. July 21, 1999: Five days later the plane was found off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard.
True but mysteriously ignored:
- Initially on July 17, the morning after the plane disappeared, media reported with Coast Guard petty officer, Todd Burgen: JFK jr had made radio contact with Martha’s Vineyard Control Tower, MVY, at 9:39PM (2139 Hours) July 16, 1999. According to media reports and the Coast Guard, he stated calmly that he was on final approach to the airport. This call was made a minute before his plane lost control and crashed.
As stated, “The FAA reported the last contact with the plane during its final approach to the airport on the island off Cape Cod at 9:39 p.m., the Coast Guard said. The aircraft was due to arrive at Martha’s Vineyard around 10 p.m. and was later expected to fly to Hyannis Port,” the statement said. 1. Read more here Several news outlets around the world reported this early that Saturday. Why in later reports, was mention of this radio contact mysteriously deleted? Instead this news was changed to say he never made radio contact with the control tower. If this never happened in the first place, why was this ever reported? Why would the U.S. Coast Guard have relayed this information if it wasn’t true?
The 2nd item I can’t ignore is that initially it was reported there were witnesses who both heard and saw an explosion in the sky at the time and in the exact vicinity in the sky above where the plane was eventually found 5 days later! This is a point that was originally reported by many news outlets as well. Like the call to the radio tower, why would this ever have been reported if there weren’t actually witnesses who went to the authorities with this information. At least two witnesses, one a respected attorney with a home on Martha’s Vineyard said they heard an explosion “like a bomb” and saw a bright light from an explosion in the sky as it turns out, precisely where JFK Jr’s plane fell to the sea!! Because the accident occurred near a very quiet unpopulated part of the Martha’s Vineyard, it’s not unusual that only two people could’ve witnessed it. This is also the area where luggage and parts of the plane initially washed ashore the 2nd day the plane was missing.
“Explosion Heard; Plunge Now Called Much Steeper More Dire News”
OFF THE COAST OF MARTHA’S VINEYARD — As divers searching for John F. Kennedy Jr.’s doomed plane homed in late yesterday on a potential wreckage site, a Pittsburgh attorney who was surf fishing Friday night said he was startled by a “loud explosion” off Squibnocket Beach near Gay Head shortly before high tide.
“It sounded as if something just blew up,” said Victor Pribanic, who often spends evenings fishing for striped bass on the island’s most remote beaches.
He said he heard the chilling sound about 10 p.m. in the same vicinity that debris and a piece of luggage from Kennedy’s Piper Saratoga washed up earlier this week. 2. Read more
Due to these items that were initially reported, I can’t help but question and wonder if the final determination by the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) is true or not? Logically you have to wonder if things are adding up? Looking further into the official NTSB Report revealed this info:
- According to the NTSB Report Supplements A and B (3. NTSB report supplement) the electrical system and all switches were destroyed. That sounds like fire to me. Does this suggest an explosion of some type occurred on board?
- Further, initial claims said weather in and near Martha’s Vineyard (MVY) that evening were clear with 8-12 mile visibility. Witnesses and people at the airport said they could see stars. Yet media reported haze and obscure conditions. Why the discrepancy?
MVY had an Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS), which was edited and augmented by ATC tower personnel if necessary. The tower manager at MVY was on duty on the night of the accident for an 8-hour shift, which ended when the tower closed, about 2200. During an interview, the tower manager stated that no actions were taken to augment or edit the ASOS during his shift.
He also stated the following, “The visibility, present weather, and sky condition at the approximate time of the accident was probably a little better than what was being reported. I say this because I remember aircraft on visual approaches saying they had the airport in sight between 10 and 12 miles out. I do recall being able to see those aircraft and I do remember seeing the stars out that night…To the best of my knowledge, the ASOS was working as advertised that day with no reported problems or systems log errors.” 4. See full NTSB report
- Why were photos and video of the recovery destroyed? In any investigation isn’t evidence like this carefully preserved? This lends credibility to a cover up.
- Chicagoan Sherman Skolnick reported that the crash was initially treated as a murder investigation involving FBI Division 4. Their classified report won’t be made public until 2029. See Sherman Skolnick’s reporting. Sure he may have been a conspiracy hound, but as the Chicago Tribune reported, “he uncovered some real news.” https://youtu.be/UCADJj8xYrw
- Although this website may be a little wacky, if true this info does raise more questions. “JFK Jr.’s plane broke in half just left of the cabin. The damage was caused by a plastique (C-4) shape charge which was formed along the bottom of the fuselage and up along both sides of the walls. The charge was caused to be set off or exploded with a large spark generated by a barometric switch device triggered by the altitude of the plane. In other words, the assassins chose the altitude for the explosion of the plane--a standard procedure to make the target’s murder look like an accident.” 5. Read more here A bomb in the rudder would explain why the plane fell so fast (suddenly front heavy) and the rudder being “destroyed.” Futher it would explain the burned out electrical equipement. When they presented photos of the plane, didn’t it have a tarp over it so you couldn’t even see it? Were they hiding the fact that the rudder had been blown off by a bomb?
- According to aviation experts, the piper saratoga JFK Jr was flying had autopilot and was capable, even if fuel were cut off, of gliding for miles to land safely.
- JFK Jr’s plane was not kept in a protected area at Essex County Airport in New Jersey meaning anyone with ill intentions could have gotten close to meddle with the plane.
- Still the two points that raise the most doubt in my mind concern the call to the airport tower and the witnesses. If he did calmly call the radio tower at 9:39, what happened immediately after to prevent a Mayday call? Reports said that at 9:39PM he was able to contact the control tower to calmly announce his approach, this suggests a catastrophic event occurred after his call and before the crash.
Who am I to question, but in light of all this information, it is my opinion that it’s possible this man was deliberately removed. But why? Was he getting too close to the truth of his own father’s assassination? Surely even if he remained a writer and publisher, George Magazine was taking chances and reporting what could be considered controversial information. His father was in office merely 1000 days before being assassinated; John Jr and Carolyn were married for 1000 days before their deaths. Is that just a strange coincidence? Is it so unrealistic to think he, like his father and his uncle, was assassinated?
I think if he were alive and something of this nature happened to someone else of his stature, someone wildly popular and an honestly kind person, one who looked out and was helping the underdogs, he himself would’ve taken it upon himself to find out what really happened. And the real kicker, if it were an assassination, is that it’s been so widely accepted that he was to blame for not just his own death but for his wife’s and his sister-in-law’s as well. Out there all alone in the dark of night above the ocean, we will never know the truth. And since all photographic evidence and the bodies were turned to ash, we cannot really reopen this case to find out if there’s more to the story. But something tells me there is definitely much more to this story.
If in fact his death was not accidental as we’ve been told, it’s up to us to see that Justice is served; whoever is responsible must be held accountable for what they’ve done to these three people, their families, as well as to our country. Three Kennedys taking on the world all taken away before their time. It’s time for us to make the mayday call that through no fault of his own, John Kennedy was unable to make.
2. Anglers May Have Heard Crash, New York Daily News, Jfk jr witness heard bang- John F. Kennedy Jr.
3. NTSB Supplement NTSB report supplement
4. NTSB Report: NYC99MA178- Full Narrative
5. Bomb on Board The Vatic Project- Who killed John-John? (JFK Jr)