This recipe is inspired by the folks on Mount Desert Island, at COA and specifically at 122 Cottage Street in Bar Harbor, Maine–once a home to me. I hope you find this versatile recipe tasty and a boost to your health. It’s chocked full of goodies that will inspire and encourage your soul. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.
Bar Harbor Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup liquid (or warmed) organic coconut oil (expeller pressed, unrefined) Melt in copper sauce pan if possible or heat in oven rather than microwaving.
- 1/3 cup organic virgin olive oil (expeller pressed, unrefined)
- 2 T organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 T organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 T organic grade B maple syrup (or local, east-coast sourced)
- 1 t organic thyme,
- 2 T Bragg’s liquid aminos
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 t organic fresh pepper
- optional: 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon 1/2 tsp cloves
- optional: fresh organic herbs: cilantro, chives, mint, basil, lavender, thyme, rosemary…
Mix all ingredients in glass jar or metal/ceramic bowl. Warm coconut oil will help liquify the molasses for mixing. Toss on salads or use a dip and marinade, sprinkle on just about any vegetables or anything.
A votre santé!